RAMONA FALLS

JULY 2016

RAMONA FALLS

RAMONA FALLS

BELOW RAMONA FALLS

BELOW RAMONA FALLS

MOUNT HOOD

Ramona Falls is a 7.1-mile loop hike through the forest below Mount Hood to a spectacular waterfall. Some of the trip reviews and signage along the trail talked about how difficult the river crossing towards the beginning of the hike can be. I guess I was lucky, as when I hiked this trail in July of 2016 there were several large, fallen trees spanning the river which made it easy cross over without getting wet. This is a very popular hike, so I tried to get to the trailhead as early I could and hike fast to beat the crowds. It worked well, as I was mostly alone on my hike up, and ended up having the falls all to myself after a couple hikers I ran into at the falls left.  

The falls were amazing. After viewing the falls continue over the wood bridge to the loop trail, which will allow you to see some new scenery before returning back to the main trail. This area just below the falls was my favorite stretch of the hike, as the trail follows along a stream through a section of forest that has more of a rain forest feel to it than the main trail.